The first climate draft to come out of COP15 is not very visionary Carbon Free Society. Now the forum offers its own declaration calling for a 100% carbon-free economy by 2040. Vandana Shiva among the first to sign it.
Participants at the peoples’ climate summit have agreed on a declaration ready to be presented to the politicians at the Bella Center next week. The declaration has been influenced and agreed upon by many of the Klimaforum09’s participants from developing countries – those being affected by the climate changes in their everyday lives.
“We are pleased that in spite of the many different voices and views we have succeeded in our agreement on this important document carbon free society. It has been created through an open and democratic dialogue between people and organisations from all over the world”, says declaration spokesperson Paul Quintos from the Philippines.
Also Read : The Declaration Klimaforum09
One of the first to sign the alternative declaration at Klimaforum09 was Indian environmentalist Dr Vandana Shiva. “This is the declaration, which the Bella Center should be working on”, she said.
70 organisations and participants at Klimaforum09 from 92 different countries stand behind the declaration, which recommends the following demands:
- A complete abandoning of fossil fuels within the next 30 years.
- An immediate cut in greenhouse gases of industrialized countries of at least 40% compared to 1990 levels by 2020.
- Compensation of the people who are already affected by the adverse effects of climate change.
- Rejection to purely market-oriented and technology-centred false solutions such as nuclear energy, agro-fuels, carbon free capture and storage.
- Real solutions to climate crisis based on safe, clean, renewable and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Fair and just exchange of technologies and ideas between North and South.
You can read and sign the declaration here: http://klimaforum09.org/agen-domino-online-terpercaya-movement/